9 ATLANTA FARMERS MARKETS TEAM UP
TO CELEBRATE LOCAL FOOD IN ‘DINE-AROUNDS’
Dining events to be held exclusively at area restaurants
that support Georgia farmers
that support Georgia farmers
In August, nine community famers markets will join forces to celebrate Atlanta Farmers Market month through a series of dine-around events in Atlanta. Events will take place at establishments that support Georgia-gown farmers and produce.
Local farmers market managers have joined forces to support local farmers and markets in honor of August Farmers Market Month. The Farmers Market Managers Working Group (FMMWG) was formed for managers to serve as a resource for each other, with the principle goal of getting more people to look to their local farmers as a primary food source and their community farmers markets as the place to purchase. With so much of the food in stores coming from all over the world, it can be very confusing for shoppers to figure out when and where to buy Georgia grown, farm fresh goods. Farmers market managers who work directly with local farmers are excited to help more people say, “I know my Farmer”.
Participating Farmers Markets & Dine-Around details are as follows:
* August 3, 5:30 - 7:30 at Clarkston Community Center (Vendors include Tamale Queen, Katmandu Kitchen, Nazifa's Bakery & CaribPops)
* August 14, 11am-10pm at Farm Burger, Decatur
* August 06,Dinnerat Urban Cannibals, East Atlanta
* August 07, All Day at Grant Central East, East Atlanta
* August 8, All Day at Dakota Blue, Grant Park
* August 13, All Day at Tomatillos, East Atlanta
* August 19, 4-9pm at The Shed at Glenwood
* August 20, Dinner at Urban Cannibals, East Atlanta
* August 28, All Day at The Porter, Little Five Points
* August 22, 5-10pm at Wahoo! Grill, Decatur
* August 1, Dinner at Rosebud Restaurant, Morningside
* August 19 , Dinner at Cakes & Ale Restaurant, Decatur
* August 10, Dinner Specials Only at 5 Seasons Westside, Westside
* August 14, 11am-10pm at Farm Burger Buckhead, Buckhead
* August 18, 6:30am -2pm The Grand Hyatt, Buckhead (Tour the Peachtree Road Farmers Market with Chef Thomas Mckeown at 9:30 then head over for lunch!)
* August 26, 5:30-11pm at 4th & Swift Restaurant, Old Fourth Ward
* August 30, 11am- 10pm at Souper Jenny, Buckhead
* August 03, 5-7pm, Feed Store, Atlanta
* August 13, Dinner at Enzo's Pizzeria, Tucker
* August 16, All Day at Old Tucker Fountain, Tucker
* August 21, All Day at Roly Poly, Tucker
* August 22, Dinner & Food only at Local 7, Tucker
“Now more than ever, our consumption must be community-based; not commodity-based. A sustainable local food system is critical to the future of Georgia's health, environment, and economy- a fact imperative not only when shopping for groceries, but also when dining out. We applaud restaurants that support Georgia’s hard-working farmers each and every single day.” –Alice Rolls, Executive Director of Georgia Organics
“We pride ourselves on offering our customers locally-sourced food from Georgia farmers. Our dedication to local food is a win-win for every person who walks into a Farm Burger- they get to enjoy fresh produce that is in-season and we get to make a direct impact on the local economy.” –George Frangos, owner Farm Burger.
“As the state’s largest producer-only farmers market, we have a deep-seeded appreciation for restaurants that recognize the value of creating menus around local produce. Their commitment to fostering community by shopping local is a testament not only to their values, but is also a response to the growing awareness of their customers.” –Lauren Carey, Director of Peachtree Road Farmers Market.